Welcome to the Overland Journal Podcast, where we share our experience overlanding on all seven continents, along with our insights into the industry- its technologies, products, and innovations. Each episode features in-depth discussions on topics ranging from equipment to travel destinations. The podcast will feature regular guests and experts, along with intrepid travelers from around the globe.
Hosts: Scott Brady and Matthew Scott (See bios below)
52. Interviewing Hourless Life on overlanding around the globe as a family- in a Jeep.
51. Interviewing Paul May, Land Cruiser Owner and Overland OG
50. What is the best Overland Expedition Camper?
49. Interviewing Sterling Noren, film maker and adventure motorcyclist
48. Discussing the Grenadier with Greg Clark, VP of Ineos Automotive
47. Interviewing Eva Rupert, Adventurer, Survivalist, and Overlander
46. Interview with Maggie McDermut, Land Cruiser owner and adventurer
45. Interview with Bryon Bass, Explorer, Archaeologist, Vintner, and Overlander
44. Interview with Amanda Winther and Matt Swartz on living remotely, taking to the winds, and doing good as they go.
43. Interview with Dave Soza: Polymath, engineer and wanderer
42. Interview with Mauricio Escobar on Overlanding in Colombia
41. Interview with Sinuhe Xavier: film maker, photographer and global traveler
40. Insights on International Overlanding
39. Interview with Justin and Kyra of Westx1000
38. Principles of Tires and Wheels
37. Winter Vehicle Update
36. The Best Overland Gear of 2020
35. Principles of Overlanding Vehicle Recovery Part 2
34. Principles of Overlanding: Vehicle Recovery Part 1
33. Interview with Kurt Williams, Overlander and Land Cruiser Guru
32. Planning Your First Overland Journey
31. Jon Turner, Camper Engineer and Overlander
30. The Overlander's Every Day Carry
29. Field Testing the Gladiator Mojave, AT4 Yukon, ARB Ranger, Ford Transit AWD, and more
28. Overland Project Updates: GX470, Gladiator, KTM 950, and a Few Surprises
27. Discussing Overlanding, Safaris, and Photography with Andy Biggs
26. Why Full-Size Trucks Should Be Seriously Considered for Overlanding
25. Storage Solutions For Overlanding
24. Discussing Expedition Campers and Crossing Jungles with Lance Gillies
23. 50 Years of Range Rover
22. Exploring Business and the World With Chris Van Dyke
21. Interviewing Matt Scott
20. Principles of Overlanding: The Basic Overland Gear Everyone Should Have.
19. Exploring Swaziland with a Rock Star and an Infantryman
18. Principles of Overlanding: What is overland?
17. Overlanding Around the World With Your Family, Featuring Graeme Bell
16. Principles of Overlanding: Rooftent vs. Ground Tent vs. Wedge Camper vs. Sleeping in the Vehicle
15. Review of the new 2020 Defender
14. Bruce Dorn, Photographer and Cinematographer
13. The Real Indiana Jones, Dr. Bryon Bass
12. Vanlife and Overlanding (with Brittney Bloch and Chris Cordes)
11. Overland Planning and Logistics with David Sneath, Land Rover Expedition Leader
10. The Ultimate Overland Vehicles
9. Principles of Overlanding: Payload
8. Are Electric Vehicles the Future of Overlanding?
7. Building the Jeep Gladiator for overlanding
6. Lois Pryce, Adventure Motorcyclist
5. The 10 Commandments of Overland Vehicle Modification
4. The Top 10 Used Overland Vehicles
3. Clay Croft of XOverland
2. Overlanding Australia
1. Dan Grec of the Road Chose Me (Overlanding Africa)
Scott is the publisher and co-founder of Expedition Portal and Overland Journal and is often credited with popularizing overlanding in North America. His travels by 4WD and adventure motorcycle span all seven continents and includes three circumnavigations of the globe. His polar expeditions include two vehicle crossings of Antarctica and the first long-axis crossing of Greenland. @scott.a.brady
Matthew is a leading expert in automotive adventure. He has extensively explored the world's most remote places by 4WD and is considered an industry authority on overland travel. He is the only American to ever become an editor of a major Australian 4WD publication and has over 15 years of competitive auto racing experience. @mattexplore